Tuesday, November 22, 2011

1st Trimester Ends December 2

Our first twelve week trimester ends on December 2.  We have every expectation that report cards will come home on December 9.  These come home in report card envelopes that students are expected to have their parent/guardian sign.  Please look for them. 

We are also in the beginnings of our Toys for Tots campaign.  Our Student Government takes a great deal of pride in our contributions every year.  This is a worthy cause and does come back to benefit kids and families in our community.  I encourage you to do what you can.  I do caution you to do no more.  I am often amazed and humbled by the generosity of our families.  I am often concerned that kids try to compete or feel compelled to do what they cannot because it is socially rewarding.  The gifts that are given at this time are, and should be, from the heart.  Please encourage your student to work from that perspective and not some of the social pressures that we all often feel at this time of year.

I wish you the happiest of Thanksgiving holidays.  I am continually thankful for what I have and that includes the privilege of working for Sparta Area Schools and the families of Sparta Middle School.  Thank you for the opportunity.

Joel Stoner, Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment